The benefit is to convert more searchers that visit your Google Listing. The worls is using internet searches for there buying descisions, so to compete you have to stand out from the crowd. Streetview does that and does it interactivley for more user engagement.
We are part of the trusted program that has about 7,500 photographers that have qualified worldwide. The local search results usually displays 3 Google maps listings from companies that have a Google My Business listings. Your business is in the Google database regardless if you manage it or not. So take advantage of it the listing is free and the content lasts as long as you are in business. It is evergreen content that is seen by users searching for you. These 360 degree photos can help you optimize your internet presence specifically regarding a Google My Business page.
The Trusted Photographer program
I am part of the trusted program that has about 7,500 photographers that have qualified worldwide. It is a program for companies to show what they look like in order to entice visitors. There are currently about 7,500 photographers that have qualified worldwide who provide the total service of taking the photos and getting them published.
As a Trusted Photographer with Street View we can help your company stand out from the competition. We develop for you a virtual tour of your location that is open all the time. Even when you are closed potential customers can “see” and tour your business 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to learn more about what you offer. More than an online brochure it creates an interactive self-directed tour so a potential customer can see what they want to see and when they want to see it. Google has a whole program devoted to enhancing business listings by collecting reviews, photos, video, comments and knowledge about the places in their system, they inform millions of people about locations worldwide. The size and scope of what they do is unimaginable, but the key is how do you stand out in your market place?
Searches with local intent display 3 maps listing for that search at the top of the page. Do you show up there and do you have a complete listing? Studies have been done and “When searching for businesses, consumers use mapping products 44% of the time”. So when that large a group lands on your Google My Business page do the get the fullest and most complete view of your company and what it has to offer.
Of the viewers that visit a google maps listing for a business the top items that they are looking for are as follows:
- Local business/store hours 49%
- Local business/store phone number 35%
- Local business/store interior or exterior photos 21%
For more information on the streetview study details this link will give you a pdf download
One example is an article published in NYC Restaurant week who did a case study regarding is street view would affect reservation rates. The found "Results from the NYC Restaurant Week Case Study showed that diners were more likely to reserve a table at restaurants with Business View. This compelling visual imagery offered restaurants a valuable competitive edge; on average, restaurant listings with Business View had a 30% higher click-through rate to reservations. 84% of 1300 surveyed customers said the virtual tour was a factor in helping."
A second study showing a very large increased clich through.
They found that istings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest. The study was conducted on line by “Quantitative market research”. Here is what they did
- An online survey was conducted with consumers who had searched online for a restaurant or hotel within the previous 30 days (using any device).
- A total sample of 1201 respondents was collected between July 21st and August 2nd, 2015.
- Different versions of a local business listing (one for a hotel, the other for a restaurant) were created to include basic info, photos and/or a virtual tour (the same media were used to create each version).
- Respondents were asked to view one of the following different versions for each business (in a randomized order). Each respondent viewed:
- 1 hotel listing + 1 restaurant listing; and
- 1 listing with a virtual tour + 1 listing without a virtual tour.
- After viewing each listing, respondents were instructed to rate their interest in booking a reservation.
- Ratings for alternate listings (with a tour versus without) were aggregated to understand impact of virtual tours on interest in the featured business.
Listings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest.
If you have the need for more customers we can do the work for you by handeling the project from start to finish. Then you get the positive comments from your new customers.
Interested in learning more? Contact us at David W Cox.com to discuss how we may be of service and the benefit to your business.